For the cake you will need..
- 2 eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- zest from 1 lime
- one lime juice
- 190ml natural yoghurt
- 85ml oil
- 280g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the icing you will need..
- icing sugar
- lime juice
- some fresh berries for decoration
- Bake the loaf. Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Place the eggs, sugar and lime zest in a large bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Add yoghurt and oil and mix it again.
- In the other bowl mix all dry ingredients, add it to the mixture and mix it with light movements until there is no dry flour.
- Fill the prepared loaf tin with the mixture and smooth it out with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes, or until inserted skewer comes out clean, then leave to cool slightly in the tin.
- Make the icing. Add icing sugar and lime juice into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Add a little more lime juice if it’s too stiff or a little more icing sugar if it’s too runny, until you get it just right.
- Rinse the loaf with the icing. Then add some berries on top of the loaf.
« I think the the icing is not necessary because for me it was way too sweet. »